This is my favorite soup at The Olive Garden. I added BACON!!!! Olive Garden Copy cat soup
- 4 cups chicken broth or 2 cubes chicken bouillon dissolved in 4 cups water (I prefer the cubes)
- 1 lb or 1 package of Johnsonville Hot Italian ground sausage (use whatever brand you prefer)
- 12 strips of cooked bacon chopped up
- 6 to 8 potatoes, washed and sliced
- half of a medium onion chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- small bunch of Kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese for topping
First, I brown my Hot Italian Sausage and add my cooked chopped bacon.
Then in a large soup pot I simmer the 4 cups of chicken broth or 2 cubes of chicken bouillon with 4 cups of water. Then I add the cooked bacon and sausage.
Excuse my ghetto stirring spoon 😉
Then I chop up my onion and add it to the soup. Get your potatoes and give them a good wash and scrub. Leave the skins on. You want to slice them about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide.
Add the potatoes to your already cooking soup on medium heat and cover with a lid until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes (it could take longer).
Then add your half and half to the soup
Then you want to clean your Kale and rip pieces up to add to your soup. I LOVE Kale so I add a lot, you can just put a hand full in if you like.
See, I LOVE Kale 😉
Cook with lid off tell the Kale is tender, about 5 more minutes. Salt and pepper to taste
Then you put soup in a serving bowl and sprinkle generously with shredded parmesan cheese, ENJOY 🙂
P.S. I never said this was a “Skinny” soup 😉