Summer is approaching and all I can think about is fresh berries and yummy desserts like parfaits. I’m sure you can relate to how important it is to know how much sugar is going into you or your family. With FAGE Total plain Greek yogurt you can make a simple dessert or treat that the whole family will love. FAGE Total has a rich, creamy texture with no added sugar, non-GMO, additive and preservative free. The only sugar is the natural occurring milk sugar.
I’m trying to stay healthy and grow-up healthy kids and sometimes it’s hard to find easy recipes that my kids will eat. FAGE Total plain Greek yogurt is protein-rich and a good source of calcium for those growing bones. I have an easy recipe to share that is so tasty. You need a 17.6 oz tub of FAGE Total, fresh fruit, sugar, flour or cornstarch, and some parfait cups. I have the recipe down at the bottom of my post to print 🙂
Berry season is upon us which makes for amazing parfaits. Make it a family day of picking berries and making dessert together. I made a thick berry sauce to stir into my FAGE Total and you can add as much or as little sugar to it.
I am a baker so I always have piping bags on hand. If you don’t have those you can spoon in your layers which will still look beautiful and delicious. If you have the piping bags, cut off the tip and add in your berry FAGE mix. Pipe the first layer to your parfait.
Here’s where we get to make it extra pretty with a layer of fresh berries.
I wanted to add a layer of plain FAGE Total because it pulls the parfait together. I grabbed another piping bag, cut off the tip and filled it with FAGE. This will be your third layer. Don’t stop now!!
This is my favorite part, our delicious berry sauce makes another appearance. This is going to be our 4th layer. Don’t skimp on that yummy sauce my friends.
Then, in true parfait fashion we are going to go back to our berry FAGE Total mix that started the layers. Squeeze or dollop that yummy yogurt on your 5th layer. Be proud, it’s looking amazing!!
Our final step is adding fresh berries to the top.
If your kids are helping you I’m sure they can’t wait to dig in. If you are entertaining, put them on a tray and serve. This dessert is beautifully appetizing and we get to put some all natural Greek strained yogurt into our kids. Plus, this recipe is just so easy!
Pin for later 🙂
- 1 16oz tub FAGE Total yogurt Plain Greek
- 2 cups raspberries or blackberries
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar I used 3/4 because I wanted mine sweeter
- 1 Tbsp flour or cornstarch
- Add two cups of berries to a sauce pan and add sugar. Heat to a boil and turn down heat to simmer while gently squishing berries in the pan. In a small cup, mix flour or cornstarch with a little bit of water (2 Tbsp) to make a creamy consistency. This step will make it so there are no lumps when adding flour to hot fruit. Add the creamy flour to berries and continue to cook until a thick jam like consistency. Let cool completely. In a bowl, put in half your FAGE Total yogurt and add a few tablespoons of your cooled fruit mix, I added 4 Tbsp. Get a piping bag, cut off the tip and add your yogurt fruit mix to the piping bag. In a separate piping bag, fill it with the remaining half of your plain FAGE Total yogurt. Squeeze a layer covering the bottom of your parfait cup with the yogurt fruit mix. Add fresh fruit on top for the second layer. On top of the fresh fruit pipe a layer of plain FAGE Total. After your third layer is complete add a layer of just your fruit jam mixture using a spoon. On top of that pipe on a second layer of your yogurt fruit mixture. Top off the parfait with fresh fruit and ENJOY.