I get excited just thinking about how delicious these cookies are. A little back story, YEARS ago I developed what my family and I consider the best Chocolate chip cookie and I hand wrote it on a 5 x 7 note card and kept it among others in my cupboard. I baked this recipe frequently but not enough to have it memorized…which leads me to…..duh duh duuuuuh….I lost the recipe card. I searched and searched all over. I was completely devastated. If you know how hard and frustrating recipe development is then you know. I’m not meaning- find a recipe online and change the softened butter to melted or adding an extra 1/4 cup of sugar, I mean….in your kitchen, like a mad scientist, from just knowing how ingredients work together and re working the recipe in many different ways so that you come up with something amazing and delicious.
So now I was back at it, for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. YOU GUYS!!!! I am proud to say that I’m confident I created an even better one than from before AND it’s packed with those mini Cadbury eggs that are so addicting. They are buttery and crisp on the edge and soft in the center. The high amount of baking powder makes a very tender cookie because baking powder is a tenderizer. The salt balances the sugar and enhances the flavor of the cookie. You can just close your eyes and chew and be in Heaven.
This mini Cadbury egg cookie isn’t even fair because you’ll probably eat way too many cookies if you try this recipe, so BEWARE! You should probably have some neighbors or friends on standby to receive some of these dangerously scrumptious mini Cadbury egg cookies. I posted this recipe on my social media last year and I archive my recipe on IG after a while. which is why my DMs are full of people panicking because truly, it’s the best and their family is obsessed like we are, so that’s is why I decided to do a post so it can be accessed easily.
Mini Cadbury egg cookies
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened 2 1/2 sticks
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder Aluminum free, see notes
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Cadbury mini eggs, smashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream both sugars and butter on medium/high speed for 3-4 minutes until lighter in color and fluffy. This will ensure the cookies are lifted properly with the right texture.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, scraping sides down.
- Next, add in vanilla and mix just until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix only until the flour is combined and then stop so the dough doesn't over mix.
- Put mini Cadbury eggs in a freezer ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer. You only need one good smack on each egg because we want large chunks of the delicious mini Cadbury eggs..
- Mix in the chocolate chips and crushed mini Cadbury eggs.
- Take a 1/4 cup volume ice cream scoop and scoop out each cookie on a parchment lined aluminum restaurant grade baking sheet. Just plop them down, no need to roll in hands to make the dough round. Place them 2 inches apart, 6 per sheet.
- Add extra crushed mini Cadbury eggs to the tops of each cookie.
- Bake one sheet at a time on the middle rack for 12-14 minutes. They will continue to bake on the cookie sheet after pulled from oven so don't over-bake. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for two minutes and move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy, xx Em