WOW your friends and family for Easter Sunday. I have a simple recipe with only a few ingredients using box mix that I doctored up into Carrot Cake Cupcakes. So easy and delicious. Follow my egg nest tutorial and pipe adorable birds nests on top of your frosting. These were so fun to make and my family loved them.
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fine shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (add 1/2 for less of a cinnamon taste)
Pre heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together for 2 minutes on medium speed. fill cupcake liners 3/4 full of cake mix. bake for 16 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 Cup butter at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 2 8oz package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 lb bag of powdered sugar or 7 1/2 cups
Mix together butter and cream cheese. Scrape bowl around the sides and keep mixing. Mix in your vanilla. Slowly mix together powdered sugar to butter and cream cheese. Frost cupcakes with frosting and follow my tutorial for birds nests through this highlighted link 😉 and add mini eggs to your nests for an adorable Easter cupcake that is easy, beautiful and delicious.
Printable Recipe Card