Learn how easy it is to sugar branches and berries to make any cake look amazing. I love the look of anything sugared and I’m sure you can sugar just about anything! Sugared branches and berries make for a festive cake topper for Christmas and New Years. Follow these easy steps below 🙂
Beautiful and elegant rose gold cake stand from Amalfi Decor.
How to sugar branches and berries for cakes and cupcakes
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 Cup water
- Heat your water and sugar in a sauce pan big enough to fit a small bag of cranberries or cut Evergreen branches. I used Noble Fir.
- Heat to a boil and dissolve your sugar.
- When sugar is dissolved, add in what you want sugared. Cook for maybe 3 minutes. You don't want cranberries to boil too long or they will pop.
- Remove from heat, strain out branches or berries and place on a wire rack to dry. 15 minutes to an hour.
- Once dry, coat them in a bowl of sugar and gently shake off access.