It’s no secret that I love cookies, especially sugar cookies. I went on a hunt for the perfect chocolate sugar cookie. With no success, it dawned on me….what if I changed some ingredients to my sugar cookie recipe and add regular sugar instead of powdered sugar….Voila, the perfect cut-out chocolate cookie was made.
I got a beautiful rolling pin from Goody Woody to create this stunning print on my cookies. Go check out all her rolling pins, they are so impressive.
Perfect chocolate cut-out cookies
- 1 egg
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder Hersey's is my favorite
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Cream butter, egg, sugar and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until it forms a cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap. Lay dough on the wrap and flatten it. Wrap your cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes. By then your oven should be preheated.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut out with your favorite cookie cutters. I like my cookies to be a little thicker than a 1/4 inch.
- Bake cookies for 6 to 7 minutes or until they puff up. You do NOT want to over bake these. I prefer them soft.
- Do not over work the cookie dough, this will result in a harder cookie.